Wednesday 11 April 2012

Review: Blodspår (2012)


First I´d like to thank Nils Dahlgren who owns and runs Videodrome for sending me a screener of Blodspår (Bloodtracks in english). The midnight killer escapes from prison and starts a new murder frenzy, as five girls head for a weekend in a remote cabin in the woods. Blodspår is written by Lars Henning and directed by John Martin who also shot and edited the film. The acting is amateurish, ranging from mediocre to abyssmally bad but honestly I wasn´t expecting any award winning performances. The production values are low which is evident in camera work, editing, lighting and sound but I won´t go into details and mention specific scenes as I hate spoilers.. The soundtrack is quite nice, I did like the instrumental music. The picture quality of the screener is a bit dark, during some scenes taking place at night it´s hard to see what´s happening. There is some gore but it´s mostly so dark you can hardly see anything, the fx are practical and are mostly fairly simple, standard independent stuff. A couple of kills occurs off screen. The fans of T & A will be pleased that there is nudity in this film.
The screener I got is swedish language only.
Rating: 0½ out of 7. I know I might seem harsh, but the technical aspects and the acting are hard to ignore. Blodspår is made on a microbudget, it took several years to complete it so you have to admire their ambition and willpower and new contributions to the swedish horror genre are always welcome and should be encouraged.

/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment